This thermally efficient range is ideal for those jobs where minimising cold and condensation is a priority.
Thermal Heart™ technology incorporates a glass fibre-reinforced nylon insulator or thermal break between the aluminium exterior and interior elements, resulting in windows and doors that are 35% (FIRST® Metro Series) and 20% (FIRST® Residential) more thermally efficient than standard double glazed products.
Released to meet new insulation requirements for homes, Thermal Heart™ is a high performance system for FIRST® Residential and FIRST® Metro Series, providing maximum energy conservation and interior comfort.
The Technical Benefits
- The Thermal Heart™ insulator in every profile is an excellent ‘thermal break’ to minimise the tran
- sfer of cold and the incidence of condensation.
- Designed to be used in conjunction with insulated glass units (double glazing) up to 24mm thick for a fully effective barrier system.
- The jointing process for window and door extrusions ensures that the composite Thermal Heart™/aluminium profiles have optimum straightness and rigidity.
- Frames are based on a large 46mm platform ensuring suitability for a wide range of residential projects.
- Doors are generally suitable to heights of 2.1m in ‘very high’ wind zones.
These thermal models demonstrate the superior insulation provided by the FIRST® Residential Thermal Heart® barrier.
- The illustration shows a clear double glazed window without a thermal break. The outside air temperature in this instance is 3°C while the temperature on the inside of the frame is 8°C.
- On the right is a FIRST® Residential Thermal Heart® frame with clear double glazing. The outside air temperature is 3°C but the inside frame temperature is now a warmer 15°C.
These illustrations demonstrate the superior performance of the FIRST® Residential Thermal Heart® barrier in influencing the dew point, the temperature at which condensation forms.
- In the illustration on the left (non-thermally broken frame / clear double glazing) the air temperature on the outside is 3°C, the inside temperature is 21°, and the relative humidity is 50%. The blue line indicates the dew point surface.
- In the illustration on the right (same glass format with a FIRST® Residential Thermal Heart® window barrier and the same relative humidity) the dew point surface moves left and no condensation occurs on the frame.